* Hardware Setup
To start ij.start.canon setup, firstly you are required to complete the hardware setup of your printer. So, follow the detailed procedure that is given below:
- Remove the packaging of your printer and all its components.
- Now, plug the one end of the power cable to the printer and the other end to the wall outlet.
- Afterward, power on your printer by pressing the power button.
- Then, install the ink cartridges.
- Next, load plain A-4 size paper in your printer’s paper tray.
Procedure to Connect the Canon Inkjet Printer to the Network
For network configuration, follow the given steps carefully:
- First of all, press and hold the Wifi button located on the front of the printer until the power lamp flashes once. Then, release the button.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi lamp starts to flash blue.
- Now, press the WPS button on the router within 2 minutes.
- Wait till your printer and the router establishes a connection. While the printer is searching for the router, the wifi lamp will continue to flash and the power lamp also starts to flash.
- Once your printer is connected to the wireless network, press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the power lamp flashes 15 times and then release it.
- The information page will be printed.
Download Canon IJ Printer Driver
Pursue the given step-by-step procedure to download your printer driver from ij.start.canon:
- Start the process by opening a web browser on your system.
- Now, you need to type ij.start.canon in the address bar which is given at the top of your screen. Then, press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- A new window will appear on your screen. Click on the Setup tab located on the right side of the window.
- Afterward, it will show you the Product Selection window. In the search bar, type your product model number and then click on the Go button given there.
- It will take you to a new window from which you can download the printer driver. Select your desired operating system by clicking on the drop-down menu box from the field located at the top-right corner of the window.
- After that, click on the Download button to initiate the downloading process which is given in the middle of the screen. By doing so, the setup file of your printer drivers starts downloading.
- The downloading process might take some time, so you need to wait for its completion. When the file gets downloaded, it will be saved in the Downloads folder.
This concludes the download process of your printer driver from ij.start.cannon.
Procedure To Install Canon IJ Printer Driver
Follow the below-given instructions to install the printer driver on your system to complete ij.start.canon setup.
- First of all, access the downloads folder on your system. If you are a Mac user, open Finder and from the left-side panel, click on the Downloads folder.
- Next, locate the setup file of ij.start.canon and then double-click on it.
- Now, Security Warning pop-up box will be displayed on your screen asking you- Do you want to run this file? To process for the installation process, click on the Run button and it will start running the files.
- After that, you will get the User Account Control pop-up box to permit the program for making significant changes to your computer. Hence to grant permission, click on the Yes button.
- Now, the main screen of the Installation Wizard will be shown on your screen. Click on the language tab and select your preferred language from the list of options. To return back on the screen, click on the Back button.
- By doing so, the “Printer Connection” window displays on your screen. Now you need to select the connection method for connecting your printer to the computer. Choose between Wireless LAN Connection or USB method according to your preference and then click on the Next button.
- The software will begin searching for your printer on the network. Make sure that your printer is turned on, then click on the Next button.
- Once your printer is found, it will show you a list of printers on a network. Select your printer model from the list. To proceed, click on the Next button positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- In the next window, choose your place of residence by selecting the checkbox given there and click on the Next button.
- Then, you will get the Software Installation List on your screen., Pick your preferred software and tick the given checkboxes. If you want to select all the software, click on the “Select All” button given there. Then, click on the Next button.
- It will take you to the End User License Agreement window. Read all the terms and conditions of the agreement thoroughly. If you have reviewed and accept the terms, click on the Yes button. If you do not agree with the terms, click on the No button but it will stop the installation process.
- The “Firewall Settings” window will display on your screen. To permit the printer driver installation, select the Allow option. Then, click Next.
- The installation of your selected software begins. In case, you are installing on your Mac, you may see a pop-up box asking you to enter your Mac credentials. So provide your Mac Username and Password and click on the OK button.
- After the software is installed, it will show you the “Print Head Alignment” window. If you want to run the test, click on the Execute button and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printing process. Make sure that your printer is loaded with plain A-4 size paper. To avoid this, click on the Next button.
- Then, “Setup Complete” window displays on your screen. Click Next.
- Afterward, you will get the “User Registration” window. If you want to register your product to receive useful product and service information, click on the Next button.
- “Extended Survey Program” window appears. To take part in the survey program, click on the Agree button. Otherwise, select Disagree.
- At last, it will show you the Installation Successful window, click Exit. This finishes the ij.start.canon process.