* Hardware Setup
- Before beginning with the ij.start.cannon setup process, you first have to complete the hardware setup of your printer. For this, start by unboxing your printer. Remove the tapes and all the packaging material from your printer.
- Then, connect the power cord to the printer and the power outlet.
- After that, turn on your printer by pressing the power button.
- Further, you have to install the ink cartridge in the printer. Also, add the papers in the paper tray.
Network Configuration- ij.start.cannon
- First and foremost, make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Now, move to the control panel of your printer. From there, press and hold the WiFi button until the alarm orange flash blink twice. Then, release the WiFi button.
- After this, you have to ensure that the WiFi lamp is blinking quickly in blue color. Also, the power lamp must be lit.
- Then, move to your router and press the WPS button available on it for 2 minutes.
- Now, your printer will start searching and connecting to the network. Meanwhile, the Wifi lamp will remain to flash and the power lamp will also start flashing.
- Once the connection gets established, then both the green and blue lamp will stop flashing and remains lit.
- First of all, open a web browser on your computing device. For this, you have to click the printer icon from the desktop or the system tray.
- Then, move to the setup web page of the Canon by entering the “canon.com/ijsetup” URL in the address bar.
- After that, you have to click the “Set Up” tab to move further.
- In the next window, you have to enter the printer product name in the empty field. Carefully enter the name of your Inkjet Printer.
- Then, click the “Go” tab.
- Thereafter, from the upper-right corner of the screen, you can choose the Operating System for which you want to download the setup file.
- After selecting, you will get a download link for your ij.start.cannon product. Click the link to proceed further.
- This will initiate the ij.start.cannon download process. The download is a time-consuming process, hence wait patiently for its completion.
- In the middle of the process, you might get a popup box for changing the download location. Carefully make the selection to save the file.
- Firstly, access the Downloads folder or the folder where you have saved the file.
- Then, you have to search and double-click the ij.start.cannon setup files to begin with the installation process.
- After that, a User Account Control pop-up will appear on your screen. This popup asks you to allow the Canon inkjet printer application to make the necessary changes to your computer system. In order to permit the application, you have to click the “Yes” tab.
- Further, the installation wizard will display on your screen. In the welcome window, you have to click the “Next” tab. You can also make changes to the program’s language. For this, click the “Language” tab and select the desired language.
- If you are a Mac user, then you will get a popup box for confirming the process. For this, you have to enter the Mac administrator username and password in the required field and hit the “Install helper” tab.
- Then, Canon will ask you to select the printer connection method from the Wired LAN Connection or USB Connection. You have to select the desired method for connecting your printer to the system.
Make the preferred selection and establish the connection. For successfully connecting, you can follow the on-screen instructions.
After that, the setup application will start searching for your printer. Once the search gets completed, you will get a list of printers available on the network. Select the desired printer then hit “Next”.
Then, you will get a window to select the country or the region you are living in. Make the desired selection and click “Next”.
Now, ij.start.canon asks you to select the place of residence. Make the desired selection and tap the “Next” option.
Thereafter, a Software Selection window will display on your screen. You have to select the software that you want to install on your system. After selecting the preferred software, you have to hit the “Next” tab.
Further, Canon asks you to read the License Agreement carefully before proceeding further. This document will contain the terms and conditions, you are going to bind with. To move further with the process, you have to accept the document by clicking the “Yes” button.
Afterwards, you will be asked to allow the installation wizard processes. For allowing, click the “Next” tab.
By doing so, the software will begin installing on your system. You have to wait patiently for the completion of the process and can check the process status through the progress bar.
Once the installation process will get completed, the installation wizard will automatically detect your printer.
Then, you will be asked to execute the Print Head Alignment. For this, click the “Execute” tab and follow the on-screen instructions to complete it.
Further, come back to the installation wizard and click the “Next” tab.
Subsequently, the setup completion message window will display. Here, click the “Next” option to move further.
After that, ij.start.cannon asks you to register your printer. For registration, press the “Next” tab.
Thereafter, the Extended Survey Program will display on your screen. Carefully read the whole document and then click the “Agree” tab if you want to participate in it. However, if you don’t want to take part, then click the “Do Not Agree” tab.
Now, you can perform the “Print Test”. For this, click the “Execute” tab and follow the on-screen instructions.
After completing, come back to the wizard and tap “Next”.
This will complete the ij.start.cannon installation process and the completion message window will display. Click the “Exit” tab and come out of the installation wizard.
- Wired LAN Connection: On selecting this method, you have to connect your system to the same network with which you have connected your printer.
- USB Connection: If you will select this option then you have to connect your printer and system with the USB cable.