Http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490
* Step 1 for http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490
- The first step in this process is to unbox all the components of your product carefully.
- Then, you have to plug your printer into a power outlet.
- Now, you have to load the ink in an apt position.
- In the end, make sure that you insert the cartridge properly.
* Step 2 for http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490
- The next step in this process is to configure your device to connect it to your router for network connectivity.
- Turn on your printer device, and allow a few seconds for it start. To verify that your device is on, check the power lamp.
- Now, press the “Setup” button on your printer device.
- Use arrow keys in the “Setup Menu” to select “Wireless LAN Setup”.
- Thereafter you need to press the “OK” button.
- In the menu “Wireless LAN Setup” using arrow keys, select the “WPS (Push Button)”.
- Later, press the “OK” button to confirm.
- Now, on your wireless router, you have to locate the WPS Button. Press this button and hold for a few seconds. This will take a few seconds
- Within 2 mins you have to press the “OK” button on your printer device.
- Give your printer system a few seconds to connect to your router. As soon as it is done, the screen of your printer device will now show “Connected”. After that, you have to press the “OK” button.
- With this, the process of connecting to your printer device for http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490 is completed.
* Step 3 for http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490
- In the next step, you have to download the driver software that you need to run your printer command and is compatible with your Operating system.
- Now go to your laptop or PC and launch a web browser of your choice. This can be any web browser as per your preference. You can choose amongst Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Apple Safari as your Operating System. But keep in mind that the browser needs to be of the updated version.
- Type “canon.com/ijsetup” in the address bar of your browser. You will find the address bar on the top of your browser window. After that, press the enter key using your keyboard.
- You will now be taken to the home page of the website. On the home page, you will see tabs for various procedures. You have to click on the “Set Up” icon.
- When you click on it you are taken to a new window. This window is for selecting the apt procedure for your device using the model number. Here you have to enter your model number i.e., MX 490.
- For this, you can either type your model number manually in the search bar that you see. Then click “Go”
- Alternatively, you can also, opt for another method for selecting your printer driver. For this, scroll down in this window. After that, select the first name of your printer model i.e., MX, from the drop-down menu list. Thereafter, select the product number i.e., 490 from the drop-down menu list and then click “Go”.
- As a result, you are now taken to a new window in which the setup instructions for your particular model will pop-up. After reading them you will get the link to download the driver software.
- Click on it and the file will start downloading. You can check the progress of this download in the Footer bar on the browser window.
* Step 4 for http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490
- The next step in this process is to install the driver software.
- Once the downloading of the driver software is complete, double click on it. You find this file in the “Downloads” folder of your computer device.
- Now you will see that the “User Control Wizard” will appear on your screen. Click the “Run” button here to allow the software to run on your screen.
- You may now get an instruction manual, that will guide you on ways to connect to your router. Since you have already connected to your router you need not start the whole process all over again.
- You now have the “Welcome Window” of the driver software. Click “Next”.
- The next window on your Device now prompts you to enter your geographical region. After selecting, click “Next”.
- Consequently, the next screen that appears asks you for your precise country. In this screen, you have to select the place of your residence by selecting the country you live in and then click on “Next”.
- The next screen appearing is the “Software Installation List”. Here, you need to select the software you wish to install. If you have any confusion about which software you want to install at this stage, install all available, you can always uninstall the one you don’t need. After selecting the software, click “Next”.
- Eventually, you are now taken to the “License Agreement Document”. Go through this document carefully, later, click “Yes”, if you agree with all the terms.
- Consequently, an “Allow Install Wizard Process” window appears on your screen. Again, click the “Next” button.
- The window that follows, indicates the model of your printer and the name (or SSID) of your wireless network. Here click “Complete”
- By this, your Setup process for http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490 is Complete.
Further, in your Mac device, you need to take care of a few more steps.
- You now see a new window on your screen. This window prompts you to add your printer to connect it to your Mac device. Click on the “Add Printer” to proceed further.
- As you proceed onto the next screen, you will see the available printer devices. From this list, you have to select the model number of your printer device. You will find this model number on the front panel of your printer device. Then, click the “Add” button.
- In order to complete the process, now click “Next”.
- With this, the Setup for completes for Computer Devices having Mac as Operating System.