How to Fix Canon Printer Ink Error?
Canon printers are the most reliable and trustworthy gadgets that are used worldwide to make the print jobs easier and convenient. Although it is a world-class printing company, users sometimes get irritated when they bear the Canon Printer Ink Error. This error happens when the amount of the ink is small or empty and your printer cannot print a document. In this article we will provide you with the most recent and up to date troubleshooting steps to get rid of the Canon Printer Error.
Different methods to resolve the Canon Printer Ink Error
Method 1. Take out the protective tapes and other packaging material of a new cartridge
Just in case, you have purchased the brand new Canon printer cartridge it is essential to remove the protective tapes from it. Along with this, also remove its strips or covers properly. This is so because if you inserted the cartridges without removing the packaging material your printer will not recognize the ink cartridge and will show you the error. Once you have removed all the strips and covers insert the cartridges again and look whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 2. Insert the ink cartridges into its appropriate slots
Sometimes improperly setup of the ink cartridges may stop the printer from the seamless printing and it may cause Canon Printer Ink Error. Also, make sure that you are utilizing the ink cartridges that are compatible with your Canon printers. If you are inserting the inappropriate ink cartridges then buy the correct one and then install it into your printer. To put the ink cartridges into its proper slots follow the steps.
- In the preliminary stage, turn off your Canon Printer and take out its power cable from the wall socket.
- Instantly, extract all the papers that are inserted within the printer’s output tray.
- After this, you have to open the printer’s output cover and then remove all the protective tapes. Also remove the other packaging material from your cartridges.
- Soon after this, open the main door of your printer and put the ink cartridges as per their assigned slots.
- Once you have filled the inks into its slots close down the entry door of your printer.
- Furthermore, insert the cartridges that are compatible with your printer as per the respective slots and close the caps of the cartridges properly.
- Finally, turn on your printer by plugging it into the electric socket.
Method 3. Easy to follow steps to clean the Canon Printer
If still the Canon Printer Ink Error does not resolve, pull out the ink cartridges from its respective slots very carefully. Now, use the clean or lint free cloth in order to clean the printheads of your printer gently. Afterwards, put some few drops of isopropyl alcohol onto the dump piece of cloth very carefully. With the soft hands, clean the area where you see some dust particles and the ink spread on the printer . Here, you need to ensure that you don’t move any hardware of the printer forcefully otherwise it will create some technical issues. Once you are done now put the ink cartridges within its corresponding slots properly.
Method 4. Check for the paper jamming issue
Paper jamming is the other most common problem that you might bear while getting the Canon Printer Ink Error. To get rid of this issue you must take check if there is any paper stuck into your printer and create issues. Here are some of the simple and easy steps to resolve the paper jamming issue.
- In the beginning, take out the output tray of your printer and remove all the papers that are inserted into it.
- After this, check whether any piece of paper is stuck into your printer shredder or not. If you find any piece of paper, using both your hands gently.
- Later on, load the papers again into the feeder tray of your printer properly and then close the main door of your printer.
- At last, power on your printer and then try to print and check whether the issue of Canon Printer Ink Error resolves or not.
Method 5. Simple and convenient instructions to reset the printer
Even after following all of the above given troubleshooting steps the Canon Printer Ink Error doesn’t resolve,reset your printer.
- Commence the procedure by turning off your printer using the power button if your printer has it. Remove the power cable from the electrical outlet and along with it take out the Ethernet cable and USB cable hooked up with your printer.
- Afterwards, you have to wait for up to maximum 30 to 60 seconds and soon after this plug in the power cable again into the electrical outlet.
- In the end, switch on your Canon printer and it will definitely resolve your Canon Printer Ink Error.