Canon Pixma Setup
* Network Configuration
- To initiate the network configuration, you first have to unbox your printer and complete its hardware setup. Remove all the packaging material and tapes from your printer. Then, attach the power cord to the printer and the power outlet.
- After that, add the papers in the paper tray on the printer and also add the ink cartridge in the printer.
- Further, you have to turn on your printer. For this, press the power button from the top of the printer.
- Then, press and hold the WiFi button from the control panel of your printer. You have to hold this button until the orange alarm flash blinks twice. Then, leave the wifi button.
- Now, make sure that the blue WiFi lamp is blinking quickly and the power lamp is lit.
- Subsequently, go to your router and press the WPS button located on it. You have to press it for 2 minutes.
- Thereafter, your Canon Pixma printer will start looking for the network. Then, it will connect to it. During this process, the Wifi lamp of your printer must blink and make sure that the power lamp should start flashing.
- Once the printer get connected to the network, you will see that both the green and blue lamp are lit.
Download Printer Driver For Canon Pixma Setup
- Start the process by accessing a web browser on your computing device. You can access any of the desired web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer.
- Then, move to the Canon printer’s official website by entering “usa.canon.com” in the address bar of your browser. Carefully enter the URL and hit the “Enter” key.
- After that, you will find a search tab on the upper-right corner of the screen. Here, you have to enter the “Product Model” carefully.
- Further, press the Go tab that is located beside the search field.
- Next, you have to select your Canon printer model from the list of various printers.
- In the next window, you have to scroll down the screen and select the“Drivers & Downloads” tab.
- Afterwards, you are required to select the Operating System. Click the inverted triangle and select the desires os from the drop-down menu.
- Thereafter, a list of printer drivers and software available for Canon Pixma Setup will appear. Choose the preferred driver and click the Download link provided beside it.
- This will initiate the download process. Now, you have to wait for the completion of the download process.
- Once the Canon Pixma setup file gets successfully downloaded, you access it from the Downloads folder.
How To Install Canon Pixma Setup File?
- Firstly, open the Downloads folder for accessing the Canon Pixma setup file.
- Now, look for the downloaded setup file and double-click it to proceed further.
- Then, you will be asked to allow the Canon Pixma setup application to make the desired changes to your system. In order to proceed further, you have to permit the application. For granting the permission, click the “Yes” tab from the User Account Control pop-up.
- After that, you are required to press the “Next” tab from the welcome window of the installation wizard. Here, you will also get an option for changing the program’s language. For doing this, click the “Language” tab and select the preferred language.
- Further, the Canon Pixma setup application wants the Mac users to confirm the installation process by entering their Mac administrator’s username and password. After entering, click the “Install Helper” tab.
- Thereafter, Canon will ask you to choose the connection method for establishing the connection between your printer and system. You have to select from the following options:
- Wired LAN Connection: If you select this option, then you have to connect your computing device with the same network as of your printer.
- USB Connection: This method requires you to connect your printer and system through the USB cable.