Enter Printer Model
For canon.com/ijsetup, firstly you need to complete the hardware setup of printer. For that, follow the below-given steps:
- Unbox your printer and all its components by removing its packaging.
- Then, connect one end of the power cable to the printer and the other end to the wall outlet.
- Next, turn on your printer by pressing it’s on/off button which is located on the front of the printer. Make sure the power lamp is properly lit.
- Afterward, install the ink cartridges.
- Then, adjust your printer’s paper tray and load plain A-4 size paper in it.
This completes the hardware setup of your printer. Now you can proceed with the Network Configuration process.
How to Connect the Canon Printer to the Network?
Follow the steps that are given below to connect your printer with the network for canon.com/ijsetup.
- To begin the process, press the menu button located on the operational panel of the printer.
- In the next window, select the Network Settings option.
- Afterward, select the LAN Settings option and press OK.
- In the next screen, scroll down and select the Wireless LAN setup option.
- Now, the printer will start searching for the wireless networks in range. Make sure that your router is turned on.
- Then, it will show you a list of available networks. Select your desired network from the list.
- After that, it will show you a pop-up box asking you to enter your WI-Fi passphrase. Hence type your password into the given field and press OK.
- Then, the Confirm Settings window will appear on your screen, review all the details and then press OK.
- You need to wait until the printer is connected to the network. When the screen says Connected, press Ok.
Now, move forward to download and install the Canon IJ Printer Driver for canon.com/ijsetup.
Tell Us Your Issue
Tips For Your Printer
Canon Printer Setup
Canon Pixma Setup
Canon Pixma Setup delivers amazing printing quality. Simply click on know more to get the complete information of the Canon Pixma Setup.
Canon Maxify Setup
Discover printers for your small office or home office, including the fast and efficient Canon MAXIFYseries. Easy to Setup with Canon Print Assist. Click below to know more.
Canon Laser Setup
Canon Laser Setup produces high-quality pictures and images. To get all the information of printer setup simply click here.
Canon Selphy Setup
To successfully setup your Canon Selphy simply follow the steps that are given. You are just one step away from to open the box of magic. Go ahead and follow the steps.
Procedure to Download Canon IJ Printer Driver
Go through the below-given steps to download the printer driver from canon.com/ijsetup.
- First of all, you need to open a web browser, for example, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
- After that, type canon.com/ijsetup in the address bar which is located at the top of your screen. Then, press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- It will take you to a new window. Click on the Canon Printer Setup tab which is given at the right side of the window.
- Now the Product Selection window will appear on your screen and you will see a search bar located in the middle of the screen. You need to type your product model number into the search field and then click on the Go button given there.
- In the next window, select your preferred operating system. The field is located at the top-right corner of the window and you need to click on the drop-down menu box to select your operating system.
- Then, click on the Download button given there to get the recommended software for your printer,
- By doing so, the file will start downloading. As the download process may take a few minutes so you need to wait for its completion. Do not close the window or turn off your system in between the process. Otherwise, the file will stop downloading.
- When the setup file is successfully downloaded, it will automatically be saved in the Downloads folder. But if you want to save in some other folder, you are required to do it manually.
This completes the printer driver download process from canon.com/ijsetup.
Canon IJ Printer Driver Installation
Follow the given step-by-step procedure to install the printer driver from canon.com/ijsetup.
- First of all, open the Downloads or your preferred folder on your Windows computer. In case you are a Mac user, open Finder and then click on the Downloads folder which is located at the left side corner of the screen.
- Now, you need to search for the Canon setup file.
- Once you locate the file, double-click the canon.com/ijsetup file and it will show you a pop-up box of Security Warning. Click on the Run button given in the pop-up box and it will start extracting the files.
- Afterward, the pop-up box of User Account Control will appear on your screen asking you- Do you want to allow this app to make necessary changes to your computer? Click on the Yes button.
- The main screen of the program will appear on your screen. Click on the Language tab and select your preferred language by clicking on the drop-down menu box.
- To return back on the main screen, click on the Back button given there. Then, click on the Next button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- If you are installing the software on Mac, it will show you a pop-up box asking you to enter your Mac credentials. Hence type your Mac Username and Password into their respective fields and then click on the OK button.
- Then, the Connection Method Selection window will be shown on your screen. Select between the Wireless or USB connection method and then click on the Next button.
- In the next window, select your Place of Residence by clicking on the drop-down menu box. Then click on the Next button.
- By doing so, the Software Installation List will appear on your screen. Select the software that you want to install and then click on the Next button given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now the End User License Agreement window will be displayed on your screen. Review all the terms and conditions of the agreement carefully and if you accept the agreement, click the Yes button. But if you click No, the software installation will be canceled.
- Sometimes a firewall or anti-virus software may show alert dialogs during the installation of Canon Products. To proceed with the installation process, select the allow option and then click on the Next button given there.
- It will start installing the selected software. Once the installation is completed, click on the Next button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Next, the program will begin searching for your printer. Make sure that your printer is connected to the same network as your printer. Once your printer is detected, the next screen will display the model of your printer and the name of your wireless network.
- Afterward, the recommended driver for your printer will start installing. As the installation process may take a few minutes so need to wait till the driver gets successfully installed.
- Once the driver is installed, it will take you to the Add Printer window. Select your printer from the list and then click on the Add button.
- Now, the Test Print window will be shown on your screen. To perform the test, you need to click on the Execute button given there. Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process for printing a page. Also, your printer must be loaded with plain A-4 size paper. But if you do not want to run the test, click on the Next button given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- At last, “Setup Complete” window will appear on your screen. Click on the Finish button and this completes the Canon IJ printer setup from canon.com/ijsetup.